Ever noticed while comprehending any material, you unintentionally follow a writing process. Sometimes in your mind and sometimes you deliberately jot down an outline and follow it. Do you think writing is an easy job to get rid of? Well, it doesn’t matter which field you pursue. Writing the papers will always be required. We all are well aware of writing is the best mode to communicate with the reader, every author makes the best use of words and the best choice of sentence structure to create an excellent write-up. It happens with a systematic approach or calls it writing process which starts even before you start writing.
Here are some of the steps that involve in the writing process that every beginner shall understand to pursue flawless writing tricks. The following writing process would help them to polish their academic writing skills.
- Pre-writing Phase: Pre-writing phase is the actual phase from where the writing procedure starts. An author evaluates and analyses different motivation and inspiration to come up with a particular topic. The prewriting stage includes re-evaluating the ideas and core concepts to come up with the actual writing phase. Here is the subdivision of the prewriting phase through which the writer starts processing the ideas:
- Generating Ideas: Evaluate your surroundings, current circumstances, issues and need of the time and come up with a topic. The progression of a view from different perspectives helps you to generate a hypothetical question and enable you to cover various aspects.
- Evaluating your target audience: The most important factor after generating ideas is to assess my needs. The requirements and needs of the audience in society. The topic should target a specific purpose or genre to resolve an issue.
- Analysing your sources and evidence: This phase includes collecting relevant material, resources, facts and evidence to support your topic. You should consist of authentic links, bibliography or citation to ensure authenticity in your document.
- Ways to Draft your Writing Process: To finally encourage yourself to write and to drift the shift of your ideas phase to script. One should start deciding ways to pin down the ideas and synchronise them. Some of the ways to continue the writing process includes: Making an outline, creating a storyboard, identifying the pros and cons, make a chart/diagram and finding supporting arguments.
- Drafting Phase: Now that you have pictured each and every step in your imagination, it is now the time to start preparing your paper. After processing the ideas start writing them on the paper with the synchronisation of ideas, logical information flow and developing the arguments or viewpoint about the topic.
While drafting the paper, it is essential to keep in mind that ideas may transform from one perspective to another. An author may require to work on stage #1 back and forth. There is nothing wrong in going back to phase one as it gives a sufficient impression on the reader. Also, it enables the writer to re-evaluate his ideas and work with more perfection.
- Editing or Revising Phase: After drafting your paper, never assume it to be perfect. Leave it for some time and come back later to review it from a reader’s perspective. It helps the writer to point out his own mistake and generate a perfect written piece.
It is necessary to remember that revision doesn’t include pointing out grammatical mistakes, punctuation errors, and sentence structure or word choice. Instead, it deals with evaluating the logical flow of information, verifying the facts, transitioning between the paragraphs, checking the standard and tone of write-up. Thus, revision is a significant step to bring excellent content in front of the reader and communicate sound.
- Proofreading Phase: Proofreading is the final step of the writing process. It includes a writer to evaluate and point out every single minor or major mistake in the write-up. It includes eliminating syntax, typographic, tenses, language fluency errors and citation issues. Proof-reading helps the writers to evaluate whether their idea is communicated well or not. IT gives a soothing effect on the readers as well.
The writing process is recursive; it includes four significant steps that are reversible and worked up back and forth. It helps the writer to process ideas from initial to the end for ensuring productivity and excellence. However, writing flawlessly take practice and time. Students may take Professional Academic Writers help to produce the written content with exclusive research and brilliance.